Anyone who’s been to a studio class can tell you that the energy of the people within the class makes an impact on your own performance—and there is scientific truth to this feeling. Numerous studies have shown that being in a group makes it more likely for you to achieve your fitness goals. Often, to achieve this group fitness experience we turn to boutique studios, where classes can be very pricey and often have a waitlist—but now there’s an alternative.
Aaptiv has introduced Team Challenges, a product feature available to all Aaptiv members that offers a way to train in a group. At no extra cost, members can join small groups that work towards a common health goal.
How It Works:
Every season, we’ll release a new themed challenge.
- Sign up for the challenge through the Team Tab.
- Team Challenges officially kick off every Monday throughout the “season,” so if you’re not ready to commit during the first week, you can join the following week.
- Once each challenge begins, all participants will be assigned into smaller groups. And, for an extra boost of motivation and a little friendly competition, each group will then be broken into two teams.
- You will complete the assigned workouts and will earn points for your respective teams. The team with the most points at the end of the challenge wins!
- Each group will have a feed, similar to the team tab, where they can post messages, trade encouragement, and keep each other accountable.
- Team Challenges will also work with Aaptiv Coach. Once you opt into a challenge, that challenge will become your new goal in Coach and workouts will be added to your daily plan.