Anyone who’s been to a studio class can tell you that the energy of the people within the class makes an impact on your own performance—and there is scientific truth to this feeling. Numerous studies have shown that being in a group makes it more likely for you to achieve your fitness goals. Often, to achieve this group fitness experience we turn to boutique studios, where classes can be very pricey and often have a waitlist—but now there’s an alternative.
Aaptiv is introducing Team Challenges, a product feature available to all Aaptiv members that offers a new way to train in a group. At no extra cost, members can join small groups that work towards a common health goal.
How It Works:
Every season, we’ll release a new themed challenge–and we’ll be kicking off with Summer Bootcamp!
- Sign up for the challenge through the Team Tab (we’ll be rolling this out over the next week to catch any bugs).
- Team Challenges officially kick off every Monday throughout the “season,” so if you’re not ready to commit during the first week, you can join the following week.
- Once each challenge begins, all participants will be assigned into smaller groups. And, for an extra boost of motivation and a little friendly competition, each group will then be broken into two teams.
- You will complete the assigned workouts and will earn points for your respective teams. The team with the most points at the end of the challenge wins!
- Each group will have a feed, similar to the team tab, where they can post messages, trade encouragement, and keep each other accountable.
- Team Challenges will also integrate with Coach. Once you opt into a challenge, that challenge will become your new goal in Coach.
About the Summer Bootcamp Program:
Summer Bootcamp is the first team challenge! It’s a five-week, all levels progressive fitness plan designed by Aaptiv Trainers and packed with high-energy workouts—no equipment required.
Hop in the app to check it out once it’s live! As always, once you start using Team Challenges, let us know what you think. And for any other questions you may have, check this out.
Not a member of Aaptiv but looking for a quality product to simplify health and help you reach your fitness goals? Sign up here.