Our Aaptiv treadmill running workouts are consistently some of more popular — no surprise, considering how convenient, safe, and adaptable treadmill workouts are. The machine is a cardio savior, especially on days when heading outside means getting soaked in rain, sweat, or some horrible mix of both.
Why else do we love treadmill running? Let us count the ways…
- You control the terrain. You can program your run exactly to your needs, managing the speed, incline, and length of your workout with just a few buttons.
- It’s super safe. No need to worry about cars, pedestrian traffic, the weather, street lighting — working in a controlled environment means you can really tune out and listen to your body.
- It does your body good. A soft and springy surface is kinder to your joints and bones than pavement. And that means it’s perfect for runners in recovery or if you’re just getting started.
- It helps you progress. Most treadmills come with great monitors for heart rate and speed, and you can use these tools to track how your body is adjusting and getting stronger.
If you’re new to the treadmill running, or just looking for ways to improve, Aaptiv trainer Marq shares his tips on how to get the most out of your workout.
- If it’s a new machine, familiarize yourself with it before running. And always make sure you know how to adjust controls before you begin.
- It is best to start off at a walking pace and building up to your desired speed. Don’t jump on and start sprinting.
- Avoid holding onto treadmill while walking or running. It’s actually unsafe, and can impair your running form. But if you feel like you need to hang on, pull back on speed or incline to something more comfortable.
- Keep your head up and don’t overextend your neck.
- Listen to your body and run at a pace that is personally comfortable for your cardio capacity.
Ready to give it a go? Check out our classes in the Aaptiv app.
If you’re not a member, sign up to Aaptiv today!