Are you ready to upgrade to a new bicycle? There are tons of different bikes being sold in the market today. This can make it difficult for you to select a bicycle that will be suitable for your lifestyle, comfort, and budget. However, if you keep a few things in mind, selecting your new bike will be a piece of cake. In this article, we will cover 5 quick tips that will help you choose the right bicycle.
1. Determine Your Needs
What type of bike are you looking for? This is the first question a bicycle shop sales associate will ask you when you walk through the door.
Do you want a trendy bike that will make you look cool? Are you interested in getting a bicycle that will help you stay in shape? This is the first issue you must address while shopping for a new bike.
Here are the four main categories of bicycles:
- Road Bikes – a road bike is a good outdoor alternative for people who enjoy riding around their city. Road bikes are designed for the pavement and they can accelerate in speed with ease.
- Mountain Bikes – These bikes are tough like toy Tonka Trucks. They are very durable. Mountain bikes are suitable for the pavement and dirt.
- Cruisers – This casual bike is designed for cruising around town. You normally see people riding on them close to the beach.
- Hybrid Bikes – A hybrid bike has the features of a road and mountain bike. They are ideal for people that enjoy traveling long distances.
2. The Bike’s Frame
How tall are you? How much do you weigh? These questions may seem to be intrusive, but they are extremely important. The frame of the bicycle must accommodate your height and weight. For example, let’s say you weigh over 200 pounds. It would be a huge mistake for you to buy a bike with a frame that’s designed for someone who weighs less than 190 pounds.
3. How Much Are You Willing to Spend?
Bikes these days can be pretty expensive. They can range from several hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. You must decide how much money you are willing to invest in your bicycle.
Here’s a basic price range of bikes on the market:
- Low Price Range – The low price range starts at $80 and goes up to $300. The bikes in this category have basic features. Some can be stylish.
- Mid Price Range – Mid price bikes can cost anywhere from $300 to $1,000. These light metal bikes have dependable chains, brakes, and wheels. They are more suitable for everyday bike riders.
- High End Range – These bikes start at a minimum of $1,000. Made out of lighter metals, high end range bicycles are ideal for daily use and light competition.
Does the bike come with a guaranteed warranty? If not, it will be in your best interest to stay away.
5. Manufacturer’s Reputation
You should take the manufacturer’s reputation before making your final decision. Evaluate the manufacturer’s reputation in the industry. Stay away from bikes manufactured by companies with a poor reputation.
Shopping for a new bicycle is fun and exciting. There are so many bikes on the market today. It’s vital that you take careful measures when it comes to buying your new bike. The 5 tips in this article will help you select a bike suitable for your body, wallet, and safety.